Finally, it's Saturday. After returning
from an incredible spring break trip to New York City with InterVarsity, this
past week of classes was rough. School seems like the most irrelevant thing in
my life right now - thank goodness there are only a few more weeks in this
semester! But God has been providing joy despite my bad attitude, haha :)
I wanted to share a little more about what
I will be doing when I get to Chile in June! Just this past weekend, I was in
Philadelphia for WHM's Intern Training Weekend, where interns that will be
traveling all over the world this summer received some cross-cultural training
and support raising help, as well as an opportunity to get to know their fellow
teammates!
Here's my lovely teammate, Meredith! I
really enjoyed meeting her last weekend and I am so looking forward to getting
to know her better as we serve together in Chile!
My intern team has the incredible
privilege of being the first WHM team EVER to be placed in South America! I am
SO excited to be part of this completely new experience - I have absolutely NO
idea what to expect and it's likely that plans will change, but I've learned
over the past few years that I love unpredictability. It forces me to let go of
expectations and release burdens and just be still before Christ. Of course,
living in the midst of uncertain circumstances is incredibly frustrating and unsettling, but
I've seen so clearly through times of change that God is my only true
constant, the one thing that remains.
My favorite artist Brooke Fraser posted
this quote a while ago on her Facebook page, and it so accurately
describes what I've learned this semester.
"So much external
transience means interior stability is that much more important."
Truth. So, even though this summer might
look very different from what we're planning, this is what I know so far! I
will be working with kids in the community at an English camp, and hopefully
serving in a worship and music ministry as well. Something I love about World
Harvest Mission is the emphasis they put on discipleship and deepening
relationships with others while growing closer to Christ. I’m excited to learn
more about what discipleship looks like in a cross-cultural setting by using
discipleship curriculum in Spanish and being immersed in Chilean culture!
During the two months we’re there, we will
also have the opportunity to explore the country! The Andes mountain range is
the second largest in the world, and I can’t wait to see it in person! It
sounds like hiking and/or rock climbing will be possibilities, and since I am a
mountain person that’s something I am definitely looking forward to! Maybe this
is enough of a reason for me to get a better camera... :)
I've been able to skype with the
missionaries that are living in Quillota, and they have been so encouraging! It's
wonderful to know that they are praying for us as we raise support and prepare
spiritually for the summer.
Thank you SO MUCH to those who have been
praying for me and who have already donated!! I’m praying that God blesses you
as you partner with me in His plan. I’ve already witnessed His incredible
faithfulness and provision, and I’m sure it’s just the
beginning!


No comments:
Post a Comment